Consumer Reports National Research Center recently surveyed about 90,000 cell phone users and found that nearly half of the respondents who switched providers cut their bill by $20 or more. Additionally, 40% of those surveyed who made the switch reported better customer service, faster data, and more reliable coverage. So if you haven’t changed cell providers recently, there is a huge possibility you’re missing out on savings and better service!
Lower cost, better service
We know about the big cell phone companies like Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint, but there are several lesser known cell phone providers whose plans are significantly less expensive. Clark has been a fan of the smaller providers for a while, and Consumer Reports’ recent report
If you are shopping around for better, cheaper service, consider these providers:
- Consumer Cellular (Top rated in 6 locations, including: Los Angeles, Phoenix, Washington, D.C., )
- Page Plus Cellular
- Republic Wireless
- Ting Wireless
These companies were the best in value according to Consumer Reports.
Read more: Smartphone and cell plan guide for 2015
Low scores, large customer base
Although the big four carriers were at the bottom of the barrel when it came to customer satisfaction, 80% of survey respondents were subscribers to one of them. If you’re paying $100 or more a month, it might be time for a change!
Read more: Sprint offers 50% off any competitor’s plan
Holiday cellular deals
Some carriers are offering great holiday deals, so check to see if any would work for you — it could save you some big bucks!
- Consumer Cellular: $20 credit on new lines through December 31 – Get this deal
- Cricket: Get a $100 Cricket shopping card when you switch by December 6 – Get this deal
- Page Plus Cellular: Save money on each plan now through December 31 and save 8% for life – Get this deal
- Ting Wireless: Check out these latest discounts on phones, left over from Black Friday – Get this deal
- Sprint: Offering 50% any competitor’s plan – More details