A lot of people don’t realize all of the different ways they may qualify for discounts — and it ends up costing them a lot of money over time.
Many AARP members know about the popular discounts available to them on travel-related goods and services, including car rentals, hotels, vacation packages and cruises. But what a lot of people don’t realize is that their membership also qualifies them for tons of other everyday discounts and savings on things like groceries, car maintenance and movie tickets.
AARP savings you may not know about
For just $16 per year, in addition to the travel-related discounts, here are 10 everyday discounts that AARP members have access to:
1. Movie tickets: Regal Entertainment Group offers AARP members up to 25% off movie tickets and $3.00 off a small or larger-size popcorn and soft drink combo.
2. E-readers and books: AARP members save 10% on Amazon Kindle e-readers, 50% on a selection of Kindle eBooks and 10% on a selection of print and audio books on Amazon.com.
3. Car maintenance: AARP members pay just $17.99 for an oil change, tire rotation and maintenance inspection at any Monro Muffler Brake & Service or Mr. Tire location. Also save 10% on auto repairs at any RepairPal certified shop.
4. Shoes: AARP members save 20% on their entire purchase at any Reebok and Rockport Outlet Store or on Reebok.com.
5. Dining: AARP members receive 15% off at Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill and Bonefish Grill; 15% off the entire check at Denny’s; 10% off at any of the 500 Landry’s Inc. restaurants nationwide, including McCormick & Schmick’s, Claim Jumper, Chart House and more.
6. Shipping: AARP members receive 15% off eligible products and services and 5% off domestic and international UPS® shipping services.
7. Pet insurance: Pet owners save 10% or more insurance plans with Petplan pet insurance when they sign up online. They also receive up to a $35 Petplan Visa® Prepaid Card (restrictions may apply) to help with pet wellness expenses like flea/tick preventives, vaccines, dental cleanings and more.
8. Grocery and household items: AARP members receive instant savings on featured products by swiping their membership card at select Meijer, Family Dollar and Fred’s Super Dollar locations, and get 10% back on every order of foods delivered by Schwan’s Home Service.
Read more: Aldi can shave 33% off your grocery bill
9. Concerts and shows: AARP members save 25% or more when buying event tickets in groups of four from Ticketmaster, and save up to 30% on Cirque du Soleil shows.
10. Mobile phone service: AARP members can save with a variety of wireless service providers, including Consumer Cellular, AT&T and Cricket Wireless. Consumer Cellular offers AARP members a 5% discount on monthly service charges and a 30% discount on eligible accessories, AT&T offers AARP members a 10% discount on the monthly service charge of qualifying wireless plans and a 15% discount on eligible accessories, and Cricket Wireless offers a $20 mail-in rebate for each line of service with the purchase of a phone.
Read more: Cheap cell phone plans