Are you looking to save a few extra bucks this summer? There’s a chance that you’re sitting on a limited-time credit card perk that could help.
Major credit card issuers, such as Discover, Capital One and American Express, have been marketing limited-time promotions geared toward stimulating credit card use amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Team Clark has rounded up three easy-to-access credit card perks for this summer. These promotions can help you save money on socially-distanced shopping experiences like Amazon or Uber Eats. But note that they are limited offers than can expire at any time, and not all cardholders will be eligible. Check with your card issuers to see if you qualify.
Get $10 off Amazon Purchase with Discover Card
Want to save a quick $10 on your next Amazon purchase? If you’re eligible for the offer, all you need to do is use your Discover card on Amazon.com.
If you are already an Amazon customer, you may be aware that you can link your Discover card to your Amazon account. This will allow you to shop at Amazon with your Discover cash back rewards at a dollar-for-dollar conversion rate.
Amazon is running a promotion to encourage you to use your Discover cash back bonus with them. If you spend $80 or more on a qualified purchase by Sept. 30, 2020, you can get $10 off the purchase price.
Here are the steps to take to make it work:
- Link your Discover card to your Amazon account.
- Activate the promotion on your Amazon account (note that not all Discover cards will be eligible for this).
- Add at least $80 of qualifying products sold by Amazon.com to your Amazon shopping cart.
- Use your Discover cash back bonus balance as a portion of your payment method on a purchase by Sept. 30, 2020.
- Check to see that the discount has been applied at checkout.
Note: This offer may vary for different cardholders. One Team Clark member received an offer for $10 off on an $80 purchase, while another received a message that their account was not eligible for the promotion at this time.
Select Capital One Cards Get New Uber Eats Perk
There is no limit to the number of times you can take advantage of this boosted rewards structure within that period. And Capital One even counts your tips and service fees as part of the amount eligible for the reward.
Here are the steps to take to claim your rewards:
- Create or log in to your Uber Eats account.
- Make sure your eligible Capital One credit card is added for payment.
- Place an order with Uber Eats and pay with your Capital One card.
- Get your 5x miles or 5% cash back in your Capital One account in 1-2 billing cycles.
American Express Offers Gas Promo at BP or Amoco
If you’re hitting the road this summer, American Express has a gas-related reward that’s super easy to claim.
You can earn a $10 statement credit on your American Express card simply by spending $25 or more at an approved BP or Amoco gas station anytime through Sept. 2, 2020. For many cars, it will take less than a full tank of gas to earn the credit.
Of course, there are a few hoops you’ll have to jump through to make this statement credit a reality:
- Log in to your American Express account and activate the Amex Offer for this promotion.
- Download the BPME Mobile app.
- Add your American Express card as a payment option on the app.
- Use the BPME app to make a qualifying purchase at an approved BP or Amoco gas station by Sept. 2, 2020.
This is just one of many similar credit card perks American Express members can access through the Amex Offers program.