If you’re a Discover customer, Clark.com has learned that yet another credit card benefit is ending soon.
The credit card issuer recently began to inform customers through its website that the Discover Deals rewards program will be discontinued on October 31, 2018.
Here’s what the message on Discover.com says:
“We’re retiring the program to focus on simpler and more meaningful ways to earn and redeem rewards. Any pending rewards will be added to your account as usual.”
Discover Deals is ending soon! Here’s what you need to know
Discover Deals is an online bonus mall that offers extra cash back and savings at select retailers. Here are just a few examples of the current offers that will no longer be available:
- 5% cash back at Walmart.com
- $6 off each of your first 2 Uber rides
- Hertz: 25% off plus $5 off a day on weekend rentals
- Uber Eats: Get $3 off each of your first 3 orders
- Get 20% off a purchase at 1800Flowers.com
Although Discover Deals is going away, the rotating 5% cash back categories are here to stay. From October 1 through December 31, you can save an extra 5% at Amazon.com and wholesale clubs with your Discover card. Get the details here.
More Clark.com stories you may like:
- Clark Howard: Here’s my philosophy on credit cards
- 15 credit cards that will pay to replace your stolen or damaged cell phone
- What happens to credit card debt when you die?