Chase has announced a new partnership with popular food delivery service DoorDash that aims to please both cardholders and their stomachs.
In a Wednesday press release, the credit card company revealed an agreement that will get some of its customers free deliveries from DoorDash.
Chase and DoorDash Collaborate on Free Delivery Deal
Effective immediately, Chase Sapphire Reserve and Preferred cardholders are eligible to activate DoorDash’s unlimited free delivery subscription called DashPass. They will also receive reduced service fees on orders of $12 or more from participating restaurants. The perk comes at no charge to the cardholder.
“Across Chase branded cards, we’ve seen spending with food delivery more than double in the last year, and the majority of those cardmembers are ordering-in on average at least one time per month,” said Catherine Hogan, President of Chase Branded Cards. “We’re excited to team up with DoorDash to bring their industry-leading selection of restaurants to our cardmembers with an added perk to make dining in more rewarding.”
If you don’t have one of the Sapphire cards from Chase, you may still be eligible for a discount.
DoorDash, a third-party delivery service, brings food from popular restaurants to your doorstep. You place your order with a participating food venue through the DoorDash app or website and they pick it up from the restaurant and bring it to your location.
Think of it like traditional pizza delivery service, but with a lot more cuisine choices.
How To Activate Chase’s New Free DashPass Deal
Interested in getting in on this deal?
First, you’ll need to log in to your DoorDash account on either the site or the app. Next, you’ll need to set your eligible Chase credit card as the default payment option for DashPass.
You will then be prompted to click “Activate” on the promotion. Once that is done and the deal is unlocked, here is some more information to keep in mind:
- DoorDash will provide the DashPass service (which has a retail value of more than $100) for free to Sapphire Reserve and Preferred cardholders for at least one year
- You need to activate this deal by December 31, 2021 in order to be eligible
- After the promotional deal, the DashPass subscription will continue at the normal monthly rate unless canceled
- Just because delivery fees are waived does not mean you will be exempt from food service fees (though orders above $12 will be discounted)
- Chase promotes this as an average savings of $4-5 per DashPass order