If you’ve been thinking about switching to Xfinity Mobile, you’ll want to know about changes to its data plans and pricing.
Comcast’s Xfinity Mobile, a low-cost cell phone service provider that runs on Verizon’s network, has introduced 5G and two data options to go along with it.
Xfinity Mobile 5G Plans and Pricing: What You Need to Know
New and current customers can choose from these 5G data options:
- Unlimited: $45/month per line on up to five lines; speeds reduced after 20GB
- By the Gig: 1GB shared data for $15/month, 3GB for $30/month or 10GB for $60/month; $15 per additional GB
Since it launched in 2017, Xfinity Mobile’s Unlimited plan has remained at $45 a month per line. However, 1GB of shared data on the By the Gig plan increases from $12 to $15 per month with this change.
Existing customers can opt-in to a 5G data option or keep the plan they have — no change in pricing.
For now, Xfinity Mobile’s 5G service is available in a few dozen cities across the United States. They include Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis and Washington, D.C.
The provider is already selling 5G-capable phones on its website like the Samsung Galaxy S20+.
To sign up for Xfinity Mobile, you must have an Xfinity internet account. You can learn more about how the service works in my full Team Clark review. I was a paying customer for two years.
To compare your options for wireless service, see Team Clark’s guide to the best cell phone plans and deals!
More Clark.com Stories You May Like:
- 9 Easy Ways to Lower Your Cell Phone Bill
- Coverage Maps: Find a Cheap Cell Phone Plan With the Best Coverage
- The #1 Mistake People Make When Switching Cell Phone Carriers