If you use T-Mobile for your cell phone service, you may have access to a new streaming TV perk that you’ll want to activate.
Here are the details.
Select T-Mobile Customers Can Claim a Free Year of Apple TV+
Beginning August 25, 2021, T-Mobile customers who have certain versions of the Magenta or Magenta MAX mobile plans are eligible to claim a free year of Apple TV+.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know:
- This offer has a limit of one redemption per T-Mobile account. But Apple TV+ allows for multiple users on one account, so your entire household should be able to share access to this free plan.
- Customers must continue eligible T-Mobile service to keep the discount.
- This promotion comes on the heels of Apple ending a long-standing promotion that offered a free year of Apple TV+ for customers who bought a new Apple device such as the iPhone, iPad or MacBook. T-Mobile says that Apple users who have taken advantage of that free year from Apple directly are still eligible for an additional freebie from T-Mobile. So that means the offers can be stacked, and you could have as much as two free years of the streaming service.
- Existing Apple TV+ customers can get this free year of service. Once it is applied to your account, the regular monthly billing will be paused (and will resume after your free year is over).
Complete List of T-Mobile Plans That Qualify for This Offer
T-Mobile has been marketing this as an offer for Magenta and Magenta MAX customers, but there are actually more plans that qualify. Here’s the whole list from T-Mobile’s website:
- Magenta MAX
- Magenta 55+
- Magenta MAX 55+
- Magenta First Responders
- Magenta MAX First Responders
- Magenta Military
- Magenta MAX Military
- Magenta Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Magenta Max Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Magenta Amplified
- Business Unlimited Advanced
- Business Unlimited Ultimate
- Magenta for Business
- Magenta MAX for Business
Eligible plans for Sprint customers include Unlimited Plus, Unlimited Premium, Military Plus, Military Premium, 55+, and Deaf or Hard of Hearing/Visually Impaired rate plans. (Remember, T-Mobile and Sprint merged in 2020.)
How To Claim This Offer From T-Mobile
T-Mobile provides the following instructions for claiming this offer on its website:
T-Mobile customers, including T-Mobile for Business customers, can log in to the T-Mobile App or your My.T-Mobile.com account and navigate to Rate Plan Details. You can then click the “one year of Apple TV+ on us” banner, read and accept Terms & Conditions, and then click to redeem the offer.
T-Mobile customers still on the Sprint billing system or logging into a Sprint account, can redeem by visiting this page: https://www.promotions.t-mobile.com/ and entering the promo code 2021APPLETVP1 into the redemption field. After successful submission, you will see a direct link on the screen that will redirect you to redeem the offer.
What Can I Watch on Apple TV+?
You may be wondering what Apple TV+ is and if it’s even worth bothering to claim this promotion.
Launched in late 2019, Apple TV+ is Apple’s entry into the growing on-demand video streaming service market. At $5 per month, it is priced to compete with services such as Disney+, Parmamount+ and NBC’s Peacock.
While many of its competitors concentrate on acquiring rights to popular network television shows, Apple TV+ seems primarily focused on high-quality original productions.
This includes popular titles like Ted Lasso, which stars comedian Jason Sudeikis.
You’ll also find original series staring familiar names such as Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Mr. Corman), Kate Hudson (Truth Be Told), Reese Witherspoon (The Morning Show) and Jennifer Anniston (The Morning Show).
Apple TV+ is also the streaming home of the popular animated Peanuts series, which features Charlie Brown and Snoopy. You can find both Peanuts classics and new original episodes on the service.
T-Mobile in the News Lately
This Apple news comes as a reprieve from some harsh headlines about one of money expert Clark Howard’s favorite wireless carriers.
Earlier in August, more than 40 million T-Mobile customers (past and present and even potential customers) were the victims of a data breach that exposed sensitive personal information.
Clark offered the following advice on a recent episode of his podcast:
“The most important thing for you to do is to replace the PIN on your T-Mobile account. That would be a key piece of protection you can put in place,” Clark says.
You can read more about Clark’s take on this recent development here.
If you decide to take T-Mobile up on this freebie, be sure to set yourself a reminder on your calendar to cancel the Apple TV+ service at the end of the free year.
If you don’t, Apple TV+ will begin billing you at the regular subscription rate ($4.99 per month at this time).
Do you have Apple TV+ already? We’d love to hear what you think about it in the comments below!
More Clark.com Content You May Like: