Government / Governing bodies: (National)
- American Board of Medical Specialties – 800-776-2378
Provides information on whether or not an individual physician is board certified.
- Medicare Information Hotline – 800-633-4227
- Medicaid/Medicare Fraud/Abuse – 800-447-8477
- Replacement Medicare/Social Security cards – 800-772-1213
- U.S. Office of Inspector General – 800-447-8477 – Medicare / Medicaid Fraud & Abuse
- Directory of National Helplines – 800-678-2435
– A published guide to toll-free public service numbers.
- Medical Info Bureau (MIB) – 617-426-3660
For $8, find out if you have a MIB record or if you have questions about insurance applications or claims. And, get a copy of your medical records.
- PHARMA – 202-835-3400
Get free medicine
- www.iiaa.org – 800-221-7917
- www.goldenrule.com – Health plans and MSAs
- www.personalmd.com – Life saving medical info
- www.nih.gov – National Institutes for Health
- www.healthmarket.com – Evaluate doctors and find prices
- www.outofpocket.com – Evaluate doctors and find prices
Affordable prescription drugs:
- PHRMA Public Affairs Division – 202-835-3400
1100 Fifteenth St. NW
Washington, DC 20005