THE CLARK HOWARD/WSB HABITAT HOUSE
Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability
In consideration of the opportunity to participate as a volunteer in the construction of a Habitat or Humanity House in Atlanta, Georgia and related activities (the “Event”) given to me by WSB, Inc. (the “Station”), doing business as a WSB Radio, Clark Howard and Habitat for Humanity, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1) Relationships and Assumption of Risk: I confirm that I am not an employer or agent of Station and I agree not to hold myself out of others to be an employee or agent of Station, and that I shall receive no monetary consideration for my work related to the Event. I further acknowledge that all construction work and other activities on any construction or other work site connected with the Event are under the control and supervision solely of Habitat for Humanity and not of Station. I understand that the Event activities for which I am volunteering include, without limitation, construction and rehabilitation of residential buildings, being transported to and from work site locations and my consumption of food donated for the Event, and I expressly arise in connection with work, or as a result of, the Event. I understand that such risks include, but are not limited to, bodily injury and death.
2) Release: I hereby release, covenant not to sue and discharge Station, Clark Howard, Habitat for Humanity, their affiliates and the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (collectively “Releases”) from any and all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) due to personal injury to me or others, or damage to property owned by me or others, which injury or damage may arise in any connection with, or as a result of, the Even, whether such injury or damage is caused by active or passive negligence or Releasees or otherwise.
3) Indemnity: I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees and each of them from and against any and all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) due to personal injury to me or others, or damage to property owned by me or others, which injury or damage may arise in any connection with, or as a result of, the Event, whether such injury or damage is caused by the active or passive negligence of Releasees or otherwise.
4) Publicity Consent: I hereby consent to the use by Station, Clark Howard, any co-sponsors of the Event, and their permittees, of my name, photo, voice, likeness and biographical information for promotional, advertising, marketing and other business purposes without additional consideration.
5) Voluntary Agreement: I have carefully read this agreement and understand its terms, including the release of liability and indemnification of station and other persons and companies. I am 18 years of age or older and have entered into this agreement voluntarily and not in reliance on any promises or representations other than those contained in this agreement itself.