Whether you’re on the hunt for a full-time job or just looking for ways to pick up some extra cash, opportunities to work from home are on the rise!
Jobs that offer the flexibility of telecommuting, or working remotely, used to be rare — available only to people in certain roles or specific situations. But with the rise of technology, along with new trends in the workplace environment and culture, the game has changed.
FlexJobs, a job search site focused on telecommuting jobs, including freelance, flexible and part-time opportunities, released its annual ranking of the top 100 companies offering remote jobs.
According to the report, the number of telecommuting job listings on FlexJobs’ site increased 11% in 2016 — and jumped 52% over the past two years.
To come up with the list, FlexJobs analyzed more than 47,000 companies in its database and ranked them by most remote-friendly jobs — those that offer some level of telecommuting — listed over the past year.
Read more: 26 ways to make extra cash each month
Top 25 work-from-home companies for 2017
- LanguageLine Solutions
- Working Solutions
- Kelly Services
- Sutherland Global Services
- UnitedHealth Group
- Hilton Worldwide
- Cactus Communications
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- BroadPath Healthcare Solutions
Top career fields with remote jobs
The report also included the top career fields with the most work-from-home opportunities, as well as examples of companies offer jobs in these fields:
- Medical and Health: UnitedHealth Group, Anthem, Inc., CVS Health
- Computer and IT: Dell, Perficient, CyberCoders
- Customer Service: Sutherland Global Services, Amazon, Convergys
- Education and Training: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, K12, Kaplan
- Sales: Worldpay, Cornerstone OnDemand, hibu
- Finance: JPMorgan Chase, Citizens Bank, Wells Fargo
- Government: U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce
To see the full list of the top 100 work-from-home companies and the full report, click here.