So maybe you love Amazon Prime, but you’d also love to pay less for your membership. Well, maybe you can.
A little-known Amazon Prime hack
Here’s a little known hack on the monthly cost of Prime: if your package does not arrive by the ‘guaranteed delivery date,’ you can get a one-month extension on your membership – for free!
Additionally, if you are a current Prime member and your packages are habitually late, you can request this extension up to 12 times a year.
According to Amazon though, these are the stipulations for receiving the extension:
- Shipping method selected is shipping option advertised on a product detail page.
- Order is shipping to Eligible Address.
- Order is placed before deadline listed on product detail page.
- Shipping preference ‘Ship my items as they become available’ is selected if your order contains other items that aren’t eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
- Your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
- An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
- An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
If you’re not an Amazon Prime member and you’ve never tried Amazon Prime, you can get it for free here.