Christmas is just two days away, and if you’re like most people, you probably have a few names still left on your list to cross out.
But don’t worry, we’ve got some great last-minute gift ideas that don’t require a stressful trip to the mall or expensive overnight shipping! Plus, these gifts won’t break the bank either.
10 last-minute affordable gift ideas
1. eGift cards
If you know at least a little bit about the person, an eGift card is a super easy, last-minute gift, and it can be a great way for the recipients to be able to buy something they wouldn’t otherwise purchase for themselves. Plus, many retailers now offer special deals with the purchase of an eGift card — either extra money for yourself, or added value for the recipient!
If you want to get a deal on an eGift card, here are a few places to look:
- GiftCards.com: Buy eGift cards from top brands and earn rewards for yourself.
- Raise.com: eGift cards from thousands of retailers.
- Groupon: With such a variety of deals being offered all the time, a Groupon eGift card is a great gift for anyone on your list.
- Gift Card Granny: Gift card exchange site — buy eGift cards on discount!
- Cardpool: Discounted gift cards.
2. Subscriptions: Music, movies, TV
Getting someone a subscription is an easy way to take a monthly bill off their list. If you know the person loves music, movies, TV etc. and doesn’t already have one of these subscriptions, here are a few to consider:
- Netflix: $8.99 per month, plus one month free
- Hulu: eGift cards for Hulu are available from as low as $15 and go up to $100
- Spotify: Get three months of the premium service for only $0.99! After that, it’s $9.99 per month.
- Amazon Prime: Free two-day shipping, music & movie streaming, photo service and more.
3. Framed photos
Print out some photos at your local drugstore or retailer — like CVS, Target or Walmart — and get a frame right there in the store.
CVS offers photo prints for only $0.29!
4. Family recipe-etched cutting board
Got a family recipe to share? Get a cheap cutting board and inscribe the directions for your favorite recipe right on the board!
Get the directions here.
5. Wallet full of gift cards
You probably have an old wallet laying around, or you can grab a low-priced one at Walmart or Target (or even Goodwill or other discount retailer), and then fill it with some gift cards you know the recipient would use.
Pick up some cards at a local retailer, drug store or grocery store — or buy discounted cards online at Cardpool.com or one of the other sites listed above.
Read more: The best & worst gift cards
Check out ScoreBig for discounted tickets to sporting events, concerts and other local events the recipient would like. You can print the tickets instantly and have the gift ready to go on Christmas day!
7. Watercolor portraits
A great way to personalize a special photo for someone special in your life. And they’re pretty easy to make! Get the directions here.
8. DIY personalized mug
Super easy to make and you can personalize it however you want! Check out the directions here.
Read more: 12 awesome gifts for handy homeowners
9. Philips Shoqbox Mini Rugged Compact Wireless Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Discounted on Amazon for only $29.99 and you can get it by Christmas! Check it out on Amazon here.
10. Give the gift of apps
Buy an iTunes gift card right from your phone or other device that will allow the recipient to choose whatever they want to buy on iTunes! Get started here.