If you think the wealthiest Americans all drive either a Lexus, Mercedes or Porsche, think again!
A new study from MaritzCX found that the Ford F-150 was the most popular vehicle among people earning more than $200,000 a year, according to USA Today.
Read more: Top 7 cars that owners regret buying
5 vehicles that rich people love
Why’s that? Many “regular cars” now offer the same features that come equipped with expensive vehicles.
MaritzCX told USA Today that there’s been a steady shift out of luxury vehicles as more wealthy people opt to buy SUVs and trucks instead.
That’s certainly reflected in the top 5 list below:
1. Ford F-150 (MSRP starting at $26,730)
2. Jeep Grand Cherokee (MSRP starting at $30,395)
3. Honda Pilot (MSRP starting at $30,595)
4. Jeep Wrangler (MSRP starting at $23,995)
5. Honda Civic (MSRP starting at $18,740)
Read more: New ranking: The most reliable car brand is…
Although the vehicles on this list have starting prices of $30,000 or less, they can easily cost more than $40,000 once you add on the features that you really want.
USA Today reports that a third of Ford F-150s sell in the “luxury price realm.”
Interestingly, the Honda Civic is also on the list of top-selling vehicles for those making $400,000 or more, behind Lexus RX350 and Tesla Model S.
More Clark.com stories you may like:
- 10 vehicles that owners keep for 10 years or longer
- Top 7 cars that owners regret buying
- 5 warning signs your mechanic should not be trusted
- New report: These are the 38 safest vehicles for 2017